This post may come as a surprise to you guys, since it’s not my usual kind of topic but I decided to make a post about it anyway. I often find myself watching conspiracy videos and I end up believing some of them. It’s weird that I have that little obsession with topics like for example the Mandela Effect. I just love weird stuff that let’s me think about life in a completely different way.
You’re interested in the Mandela Effect as well? Let’s talk about it together then.
I first came across the term Mandela Effect by watching a video by the one and only Shane Dawson and I was hooked right then and there. The Mandela Effect is a theory of parallel universes, based on the false memory of a large group of people about past events. Believers think that something in a parallel universe changed and the reality must have shifted because of that. The effect is named after Mandela because many people believed that Mandela died in prison, they remember clearly that he did but turns out he didn’t die in prison after all.
I personally do not know what to believe, but there are a few examples for the Mandela Effect that really fuck me up and make my head hurt. So instead of rambling on about who already talked about this theory, I’ll just dive into the examples that I heard of.
- Star Wars’ famous “Luke I am your father”, I recently watched the movie myself and even had the quote “Luke I am your father” clearly in my head, which is why I was surprised to find out that this quote has never even been in the movie. Because Darth Vader says “No, I am your father”, not only in the english version of the movie but also in the german one.
- The popular children’s book called “Berenstain Bears”, people actually remember the book being spelled Berenstein Bears instead of Berenstain Bears. I personally do not know about this example since those books weren’t really popular in germany as far as I know.
- We all know the famous actress and singer Barbra Streisand but you all most likely would’ve spelled her name “Barbara”, at least I would’ve. My parents even said that they perfectly remember her name being Barbara not Barbra. Weird right?
- Also people recall the Looney Tunes actually being called Looney Toons, which I do too. I remember watching the Looney Toons as a kid and I remember it being Toons as in carTOONS and not tunes.
- The famous saying “Mirror, Mirror on the wall” from the Snowhite movies is how we all remember it all BUT the evil queen actually says “magic,mirror on the wall”.
- Also people are 100% sure that “Sex And The City” was actually called “Sex In The City” back in the day.
- Also one that I remember myself, is the company Febreeze, at least that’s how I remember the name being spelled when in reality it’s spelled Frebreze.
- Last but not least the shoe brand Sketchers, looks right huh? But no it has apparently always been Skechers, which looks totally wrong if you ask me.
I’m not really good in explaining the Mandela Effect or any conspiracy theory for that matter, but this topic fascinates me so I wanted to share it with you all. You should do some research on that topic, watch some youtube videos on it too. I can totally recommend watching Shane Dawsons video about the Mandela Effect (click here to ger to the video).
This topic gives me such a headache, just the thought about a parallel universes confuses me a whole lot. Anyway, I hope you liked this post even if it doesn’t really fit to my other topics.
Do you believe in the Mandela Effect or have you heard about it before? Let me know in the comments down below, on facebook, tumblr, ask.fm or twitter.
Caroll-Ann aka dvlightful
Ps. I also have a snapchat account called dvlightful if you want to get a climpse of my daily life.